COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
Our commitment is to your health and safety and the safety of our community. The following is an agreement between Awareness School and our guests in maintaining safety and health for all. Please read all the information below.These terms are non-negotiable and required by the state of Washington. If any of these practices cause unnecessary stress, we recommend waiting to participate in sessions, classes or other activities at the Awareness School until the conditions and regulations change to a level with which you’re comfortable.
COVID-19 CANCELLATION POLICY
We have a 24-hour cancellation policy under normal circumstances, however, amid the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19, we have modified our cancellation policy to offer greater flexibility to our clients. Namely, there will be no penalties for COVID-related cancellations at this time. We do ask that you give us as much notice as possible so that we can offer the opened availability to others. If you need to reschedule, please contact Molly at [email protected].
You can also call 206-234-7958 to make last minute cancellations for private sound sessions with Molly.
If you are ill: Please cancel your appointment as soon as can if you feel ill in any way.
Tardiness: Due to new safety and sanitation measures, appointment times are as scheduled and cannot extend beyond the stated time to accommodate late arrivals. Please be on time to your appointment.
COVID-19 NEW PROCEDURES AND AGREEMENTS
- I have read and agreed to the terms.
- I agree to wear a mask upon entry to the Greenwood Studio and wear it during the session. Please bring your own.
- I agree for all in-person appointments to sanitize my hands when I enter the studio as needed during my session.
- I will use proper social distancing during my time at the studio, staying 6 feet away from others.
COVID-19 HEALTH INFORMATION AND ADDITIONAL PRECAUTIONS
Please be advised that if you answer YES to any of the below questions, your appointment may need to be rescheduled. The decision to reschedule or cancel your appointment can be made at the discretion of Molly Knight Forde.
If you are booking an appointment more than 3 days in advance, please note these questions and check in with yourself 2-3 days before our appointment. If you answer YES at that time, please contact me to reschedule. This is a precaution to protect our health as well as yours.
- Have you had a fever in the last 24 hours of 100° or above?
- Do you now, or have you recently had, any respiratory or flu symptoms, sore throat, or shortness of breath?
- Have you been in contact with anyone in the last 14 days who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or has coronavirus-type symptoms?
Due to so many unknowns and the infectious nature of COVID-19, this checklist includes items that have been suggested and recommended by Governor Inslee, WDOH and the CDC. We are providing this list so you are aware that these cleaning, disinfection, and sterilization tasks have been done prior to your arrival at the Awareness School, after you leave, in-between clients, and at closing. We are also listing new procedures that have been put in place for everyone’s protection. Please be advised that surfaces are being sterilized.
Preventative measures taken:
- Masks: Are now required to be worn at all times. During classes, face shields may also be in use, as needed.
- All surfaces: Surfaces in the common areas of the building are being wiped down and sanitized after each session is completed.
- The room will be disinfected and aired out after each client.
Cleaning, Disinfecting and Sanitation Checklist:
- Our hands – washed and sanitized prior to your arrival
- Miscellaneous items and debris dropped on the floor
- Door handle/door knob
- Light switches on the wall
- Tabletop surfaces
- Cell phone
- All items touched (including sanitation bottles, tissue box etc.)
- Singing bowls and wands
- Therapy table, bolsters, and headrests
- Garbage will be emptied after every client
- All used laundry will be placed in a sealed container after use
- Walls and broader surfaces will be cleaned at the end of every day.
What a session will now look like:
- Hand washing: You must wash or sanitize your hands prior to any session.
- Wearing masks: You must arrive with a mask, or a disposable one will be provided for you and you must wear it during your session.
- Payments: Our iPad will be sanitaized in-between each session; paying online in advance is encouraged.
- Hugs and friendly contact: We love to hug but, for now, we will be respecting social distancing.
What a class or workshop will now look like:
- I will be holding our gatherings outdoors until the State of Washington deems it safe to gather in larger groups. We will be holding the portions of our sound workshops in which we are singing or toning together out of doors, wearing masks.
- We will be wearing masks and possibly face shields when doing our practicum during workshops.
- We will be maintaining proper social distancing measures, staying 6 feet apart from others.
- Some workshop exercises have been modified for safety.
- All tools must be sanitized after each use and before sharing with others.
- If you should become ill during a workshop, we ask that you leave and we will credit you for a future date.